Virtual Workshop - Effective Communication with DISC - The Universal Language of Observable Behavior
November 06, 2020
7:30 AM CST - 10:30 AM CST
Add to Calendar
Communication is largely an art, but applying the science of DISC increases effectiveness and takes some of the mystery out of the process. People can seem very similar, but of course, we are all very different. This is also true for our behavior. While one person can be direct and enthusiastic, another can be quiet and hesitant. In this workshop, you will learn the science of behavioral styles, which is the foundation that influences other aspects of our existence. Project Management is one of the most communication intensive roles, join our session to learn how to take this skill to the next level for yourself or learn a common language that you can share with your team to increase overall team communication effectiveness.
1. Increase your self-awareness and communication preference through DISC
2. Improve communication by understanding the different communication types
3. Improve the working relationship by recognizing the communication needs of different team members across different cultures and generations
4. Manage more effectively by understanding the disposition and priorities of others.
Who Should Attend: Anyone
Event Prerequisites: None
1. Master the power of effective communication with DISC and understand how culture and generation impacts our communication style
2. Participants will receive a participant guide that contains information covered in the program and application worksheets for you to implement what you've learned in real life
3. Opportunity to practice and discuss during the program.
1. Communication & Project Management
2. What is DISC?
3. What factors contribute to a person's behavior style?
4. Deep Diving into the 4 major behavior styles
5. How to identify different behavior styles through?
6. Building effective relationships across styles
7. Case study/ Scenario discussion
8. Understanding the Value of DISC in the world of Project Management
9. Managing behavior style differences
Duration: 3-hours online workshop
No of Participants: Min: 30 and Max: 100
Cancellation and No-Show Policy
If you registered for the course and later found out that you will be unable to attend it for whatever reason, please send an email to Susmita Sharma, [email protected] requesting to cancel your registration. All cancellations are subject to a minimum of $15.00 fee if done by Oct 30 and you will be refunded the remainder of your registration fee within 15 days of your cancellation email.
Cancellations after 10/30/2020 are subject to full charge to ensure the Chapter does not incur excessive expenses.
Webinar/Zoom Details: To be distributed via email to attendees upon registration
Vegas is the founder and head consultant of a talent consultancy in Hong Kong - Roots & Ripples. She is a Corporate Trainer and Leadership Coach with 10 years of experience in the Talent space. As a Certified Trainer in Points of You, DiSC, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), and Leadership & Life Coaching (ICF ACC), she has provided training and coaching to professionals across Hong Kong, Macau, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Dubai, London, and the United States. She specializes in building effective multi-generational and multicultural teams and workplaces with a focus on enabling teams through times of transition and change. Her methodology emphasis on concepts such as wellbeing, resilience, mindfulness, and the growth-mindset.
$25.00 Member Ticket
$20.00 Earlybird rate before October 23
$40.00 Non-Member Ticket
$35.00 Earlybird rate before October 23