1) Please CONTINUE to VISIT the following sites to stay updated with the most recent information:
- PMI COVID-19 Page (inclusive of Resource Hub for free online resources) PMI Coronavirus Message
- Pearson Vue COVID-19 Page Coronavirus Update
- Certifications: https://pmichicagoland.org/certification OR https://www.pmi.org/certifications/
- PMP Updates On Exam Content Outline, Ways To Prepare For The Exam, Review Some Q&A, Exam Day Essentials, And Exam Reference List PMP Exam Updates
2) The 2021 PMI Chicagoland Certification Spring Virtual PMP /CAPM Study Group Registration is now open and will close around April 16th whenever we reach the registration capacity. The sessions will start the week of April 19th, for eight weeks. Don't Delay...Review Details Of The Event (under our chapter's online Event Tab) ... and Register Today!!!
3) Check out our RECOMMENDED Chapter's Certification Education Vendor Partner's (MindEdge, Project Road, and Vitality Chicago) training course offerings on our chapter site. Quality training, Discounts and Promotions are offered if you take their courses using our chapter's website.
Note: While it is recommended that you seriously consider taking our recommended education vendor courses, you're free to take courses from other vendors/universities of your choice.
4) There are over 200 approved PMI Authorized Training Partners who can help you prepare for the new PMP exam. PMI ATP (Authorized Training Partner) can be found: Click View List of Partners
5) WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT DISCIPLINED AGILE (DA)? To view information on the new PMI supported certifications associated with Disciplined Agile (DA) along with 2021 DA Training dates, please visit: PMI Chicagoland Chapter - DA Certification
Questions can be sent to Cynthia Davis, [email protected]
"Professional certification ensures that project managers are ready to meet the demands of projects across the globe."
What makes PMI certifications special?
PMI was the first organization to offer a credential specifically for project managers, and our certification program remains the global standard. Developed by practitioners for practitioners and representing our diverse global audience, PMI certifications give you a technical and financial edge.
There are currently eight credentials available, rigorously developed, globally accredited and easily transferable across borders and industries. These credentials represent a variety of discipline and experience across the career framework associated with the profession of project management.
Regardless of where you are in your career, PMI has a certification for you. Demonstrate your expertise and your commitment to the profession with a PMI certification. The decision to earn a project management certification is a important one, so make sure you choose one that best fits your current expertise and your future career plans. You can apply for any certification that matches your qualifications, and no certification serves as a prerequisite for another.
Demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management.
Recognized and demanded by organizations worldwide. The PMP validates your competence to perform in the role of a project manager, leading and directing projects and teams.
PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®)
Recognizes demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the specialized area of assessing and identifying project risks along with plans to mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities.
- PMI Agile Certifications: A comprehensive suite of Agile training and certifications that extends beyond any single Agile approach. Certifications include PMI-ACP and new Disciplined Agile-Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM), Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM), Disciplined Agile Coach (DAC), and Disciplined Agile Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC).
PMI-ACP®: Created for those who believe in and apply agile principles and practices on projects. It requires a combination of training, experience and an exam. It also bridges agile approaches such as SCRUM, XP, LEAN and Kanban.
PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP®)
Recognizes demonstrated knowledge and advanced experience in the specialized area of developing and maintaining project schedules.
Program Management Professional (PgMP®)
Designed for those who manage multiple, complex projects to achieve strategic and organizational results.
Portfolio management certification recognizes the advanced experience and skill of portfolio managers. The PfMP demonstrates your proven ability in the coordinated management of one or more portfolios to achieve organizational objectives.
PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA®)
Highlights your expertise in business analysis. It spotlights your ability to work effectively with stakeholders to define their business requirements, shape the output of projects and drive successful business outcomes.
Learn more about PDUs requirements, how to earn and claim them. Visit Maintain Your PMI Credential
GROW Your Career With 1 or ALL PMI Supported Certifications! There are PMI Certifications For All! And...There is not a limit number of PMI supported certications that an individual can earn! The CHOICE is YOURS!!!